For most organisations, IT systems are crucial for the daily operations. If something happens that causes IT systems to be unavailable, this can have a debilitating effect on the effectiveness of daily operations.
Calculating the cost of downtime
Imagine what would happen to your organisation if the internet connection would be unavailable or burglars would break in and steal your computers. What would your business impact be? Use our handy calculator to find out.
Creating & Implementing a Comprehensive Business Continuity Plan
Geek can assist with implementing a business continuity plan to ensure you keep running despite data loss, while restoring electronic information and minimising the risk of your business not being able to trade. The plan is structured around your routine activities so critical business functions continue to be available. A typical IT business continuity plan developed by Geek will include:
- a list of essential business requirements
- the resources needed to support each activity
- the impact of ceasing to perform these activities
- how long your business could cope without these activities
- identification of risks and assessment of their impact on your business
- implementing mitigation measures to reduce the risk of downtime
- a strategy for responding to, managing, and recovering from an incident.
One of the most important components of a business continuity plan is ensuring a good Backup or Disaster Recovery system is in place. Business continuity and disaster plans need to be regularly reviewed, tested and updated to ensure effectiveness.